Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Chillin'

I'm due for a random post, right? I think so.

This is a picture of the growing stack of books on my night stand.


This time of year, I can't seem to stick with anything. So much for New Year's resolutions! I don't make them...anymore. And if I did, one of them would be to start at the top of this stack and plow through every book that I've started in the last six months. But I'm not. I started another one today.

***********************************

I love my blog friends. This place has been such a wonderful expansion of my life. I love watching each of you as you post throughout the year. One of my favorite things to do on walks through neighborhoods is to look into open windows and imagine. Who lives there? What are they like? What did they cook for supper? Are they happy? Are they lonely? Do they play piano? When I walk through my blog neighborhood, I get to do this just that. And I learn so much from you guys. Thank you so much for putting yourselves out there and sharing a piece of your life. I love looking into your windows.

******************************************

This is has been a cold, early winter for swamp land. Seriously. Wicked cold.

*******************************************

I love my husband. I want to remind myself of that this year. And that he loves me. And that we're perfect for each other. Because we are. After four years of marriage, I'm starting to do that thing that we women do where we analyze every single thing our man says and does. He doesn't analyze. He just is who he is. And looks at me like I'm crazy when I start to ask him if he finds me attractive, fat, skinny, neurotic, smart, funny...I don't want to see that look in his eye anymore. Get a grip, woman! Let it be.

*******************************************

I can't wait to see Dino this weekend. I miss her. T-town, here we come.

*******************************************

Spring is just around the corner, my friends. Tonight, I grilled burgers and hot dogs and fresh veggies on the grill in 30 degree weather, just to remind myself that warmer, longer days are coming again.

******************************************

Thankful.

2 comments:

Linda said...

:-)
Nice.
Especially the bit about spring...

Lisa said...

How nice to come back and visit your blog. Great image of looking in windows--I do the same thing, but I never thought to ask if they play piano.