Monday, April 06, 2009

Chauffeur, no more!

Another milestone today. I've really been working on coming out of my funk and it's been a little bit of a struggle this year. But after my jazz weekend, I started out my usual, dull Monday with a new outlook. A new attitude! A new pair of shoes...thanks, Pointer Sisters.

I spent the entire day with my oldest daughter, getting her license. She's 16 and 1/2 and the most responsible of my children. One out of three ain't bad, huh? She's so cool. We got to the DMV about 10:30 after we dropped off Mr. Wapkaplet at mother's day out, waited for an hour and half only to be told we had to come back at 2:20pm for the actual driving test. She was disappointed and nervous but I had absolute confidence in this girl. I took her to lunch at Chick-Fil-A, her absolute favorite fast-food restaurant of all time, to kill some time. After we sat down with our order, she looked up at me with the most geniune smile of all time and said, "This is the best day ever. I'm getting my license and Chick-Fil-A for lunch!"

I love that girl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hurray for S! (I assume she passed the test...)

Hurray for you! Such a milestone to have passed!