Thursday, July 29, 2010

August Break, too...

Lately, I feel tired. Tired of laundry, half-eaten sandwiches, lousy stains, sweeping, answering the phone, toilet brushes, answering questions, asking questions, my job, looking at the calendar, watching the clock, weighing in, running around, and brushing my hair.

I'm craving silence. Maybe because I so rarely get to experience it. So, I'm following Mark's example and taking a break for the entire month of August from posting wordy blogs. I'm all dried up. I'll just be posting a picture a day, hopefully. Take the badge from the sidebar if you want to play along. I think it's a perfect idea, set in the perfect month. And tomorrow starts my blissful, long awaited vacation.

Talk to you in September!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

i'm hearing the cry of your heart, aching to pull away from all the noise and demands. DO IT!!! pull back and enjoy that good book that's swept your heart away...enjoy and strengthen yourself so you'll be better prepared for all the days ahead. you have a wonderful life, go live it...i'll be here when you get back :)

Melinda Owens said...

Thank you, Sheri...by the way, it's so nice to see your sweet face! I hope all is well with you.