Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sculpture Shadow

This is a sculpture that lives downtown in the artspace. It's also my photo for Shadow Shot Sunday.

Had a great Thanksgiving week. I got to see an old friend that I haven't seen in 25 years. She's not old...I meant old, as in a long span of time. The conversation was easy and fun...we still click. It's amazing how some friendships are so solid that even time can't erode their foundation.

I ate lots and lots of turkey, greenbean casserole, dressing, sweet potato casserole and other carby delights. I heart carbs. And in general, relaxed and slept, spent time with family, watched movies, read, ventured out a few times and sighed a lot. Big happy, sighs of contentment.

And no, I didn't ride my new bike...not once.

Don't judge me.

7 comments:

Happily Retired Gal said...

Beautiful sculpture ... interesting shadow. Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

Lisa said...

I love how you find all the cool things in Shreveport. Love the pic. And the entry :)

Martha Z said...

An interesting sculpture making that shadow. After all the food it is deffinitly time to get on my bike.

Unknown said...

Lovely!

And I didn't ride my bike, either. Except in my mind. I rode 100 miles in my MIND.

:)

becky said...

Old friends are the best. They know your secrets, help you to remember the good times and the bad, overlook gray hair and wrinkles, and love you anyway.

Like Diahn, I rode my bike in my mind, too. In fact, in my mind, I jumped on that stupid treadmill in the basement that keeps collecting dust and I walked all my saddlebags and cellulite off!!!

Dan Kent said...

Hey, Melinda! Can I borrow your bike? I mean, since you're not using it and all.. Cool shadow shot!

steviewren said...

That is an interesting sculpture. It looks like all kinds of found objects were mosaiced onto it. Neat.