Tuesday, September 01, 2009

September Rush

Brian and I have been cooped in this house way too long. The girls are back in school, which means evening homework, and ballgames and no more lazy summer nights. So today, after a stressful couple of weeks adjusting to the routine of high school, I decided to take Brian down to the riverfront.

The weather was perfect...felt like fall, but still a little bit of summer warmth left in the day. I thought he might like to play in the water spouts, but no...

It must have overwhelmed him a bit, so he was perfectly content to sit in the stroller and gaze at the dancing water.

Did I mention the weather was perfect? I did. I was so inspired (I love the downtown Shreveport area) that I'm kicking around the idea of getting up at 6:00am and heading downtown for a brisk morning run along the Big Red. For those of you who have read my past blogs vowing to get in shape, get up early, become a millionaire, etc., don't hold your breath. I wish I was that morning, jogger person...maybe one day, when my life is more my own.

Looks like a lovely place to run though, doesn't it? I think so, too. Hmmmm......

Next, we went to the Boardwalk to ride the carousel.

Now, my Little Brian loves horses. He also loves cows, sheep, chickens, goats. I think he's going to be a farmer. That's all he talks about, all day long. COW, he shouts, MOOOO.....HORSEY, he says, NAAAYYYY. Sheep, he bellows, BAAAHHHH.

All....day....long.

However, in spite of his love of farm animals, this is Brian on the horsey carousel...

Very, very skeptical. The whole time on the ride, this is what he looked like. As a matter of fact, this photo was the only time that he moved his head. The rest of the time, he was as still as a statue, only moving his eyes from side to side. When I stopped trying to convince him that was this was the most fun he had ever had in his life and laid my hand on his chest, his heart was about to leap out of his tiny chest. He was petrified. Literally.

But we had a great day.

I had a Grandma day! For the first time in the year and a half that we've been raising the little guy, I got to be a fun Na-Na. We even went to Build-A-Bear and built a H-O-R-S-E-Y, whom we created a birth certificate for and promptly took to lunch, at Fudruckers.

Don't judge me, people.

We had chicken fingers and french fries and H-O-R-S-E-Y had a place at the table. Brian high-chair-danced while he ate and fed his new friend. I did take pictures, but my camera died, so, you'll just have to use your imagination.

He's the coolest little guy that I've ever known...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY Nana! good job - even if it freaked him out a little!

He looks SO BIG! :) I hope you have big plans for his big birthday next week!

Lisa said...

It's the day you've dreamed of. Who knows . . . maybe that morning jog isn't as far away as you imagine.