Thursday, January 22, 2009

Random

This is just another reason that I like downtown. There's quite a few paintings that scale whole buildings just like this one. I'm not even sure what you call this particular piece although I'm pretty sure it's something from Greek architecture. Anyone?

.......................................

I haven't posted in a while. No particular reason other than I haven't really had anything to say. Still don't. Except for this; my dreams have been crazy lately. Really. Insane. One might say CREATIVE. Or twisted, depending on what type of person you are!

The other night, I had a long, epic dream about a place called "The Land". It was sort of like a twisted, Narnia-like place. C.S. Lewis would be proud. It was an island with odd-cultish group of Christians, all of varying degrees of flakiness. I drove there in a beat-up blue van, which of course, broke down, so while the "good" Christians made the repairs, I explored. I traveled over mountains and near oceans and ended up in a dark, dark, forest with twisted, gnarled trees. There was no sun or anything green.

This part of the land was inhabited by cannibalistic, evil Christians.

I ran.

The dream went on with me never getting my van back. The "good" Christians kept moving it and making empty promises, all the while, wearing fake, Stepford wife smiles. I was traveling with someone who was important to me, but no one that I really know. She sort of looked like Debra Winger and she too, got lost.

What the hell?

Then the night after that, I had a dream that I walked on the moon...with Julia Roberts. This dream had a slight "Solaris" feel to it, if you know that movie. To reach the moon, we had to climb the moonwalk and jump at just the right moment to land in the center. This wasn't easy because the moon kept spinning and spinning faster and it was very small. The texture was like cotton and we had to hold on tight to keep from falling off once we landed. Julia Roberts was really cool about the whole thing. But then again, she was wearing space boots.

Then last night, a weird dream about watching a movie being filmed at my Grandmother's old house, starring Madonna and Kate Winslet. Also, I beat up my son at some kind of Trade Show.

I'm sure Freud would have a field day with these little gems. Me? I'm exhausted and beginning to wonder if I have lesbian tendencies.

Where are you Bruce Willis?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a corbel.

cor⋅bel   [kawr-buhl] Show IPA Pronunciation
noun, verb, -beled, -bel⋅ing or (especially British) -belled, -bel⋅ling. Architecture
–noun
1. any bracket, esp. one of brick or stone, usually of slight extent.
2. a short horizontal timber supporting a girder.

:-D

Weird dreams, man. Freaky, even.

I think you could incorporate them into a killer lesbian science fiction tale...