Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Night Thoughts

It's late and I find myself wandering the house alone again.

This has to do with my son and my counselor. I am trying turn over a new leaf. I am trying not to consume most of time with worry over my oldest child. Sometimes late at night though, when he's not yet home, it gets a little difficult.

And I can't help but wonder about something my counselor once said to me. She said that addictive personality's often crave drama. And then she said that I had that personality...addictive. Me. I guffawed at this. Guffawed. And I'm pretty sure that's how you spell it.

The thing about truth is that when you recognize it, it's liberating. So, even though this flys in the face of everything that I'd like to believe about myself, I have to consider that this may be true .

So, what does this say about me? And how can this liberate me from my present cycle of drama revolving around my son?

This blog doesn't wrap itself up with nice, fuzzy answers. I don't have any right now. I'm working on it though.

And that, in itself, is a beginning. An unraveling of truth.

No comments: